Oramai London recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods.
Isabella Broden Founder and Creative Director of Oramai, is responsible for ensuring that this environmental policy is implemented, however, all employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of this policy are met.
We endeavour to:
● Comply with all relevant regulatory requirements.
● Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
● Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
● Increase employee awareness.
At Oramai we have a no paper strategy, which means we dont print any emails or other documents that can be retained within the computer. We use online filing system to support this. This is also for invoices etc.
Energy and water
We will seek to:
● Reduce our energy usage in general and we are proud users of renewable energy supported by Ovo.
● Reduce our water usage by only making the collection in linen which does not require irrigation during growth compared to cotton that needs much more.
We will seek to reduce all our office supplies to minimum. The materials we use for shipping bags, tissue paper and greetings cards are all made with recycled UK paper and printed in UK.
We will seek to reduce our CO2 by only using electric curriers when needed.
Maintenance and cleaning
We only use biological and organic cleaning products.
Monitoring and improvement
We will seek to monitor the entire production to client journey closely and seek to improve wherever possible to ensure that we do thing in the most environmentally friendly way possible.
At Oramai sustainability is the core of our belief and we will engage this conversation with many workshops and inspirational talks for employees and network to engage more people.
Date: 1 January 2019
Founder & Creative Director